Obviously I didn't get around to typing out my project last night. I'm not procrastinating, I'm just...Well, I'm not procrastinating. In fact, I think I'll do it right now.


Rachel's Christmas Project 2006-

Basis: I believe that too many people are forgetting the true meaning of Christmas and focusing mostly on Santa and what they're going to give and get. I'm putting a nix on that in my own life, and focusing more on Christ.

Action: I'm thinking more about the events surrounding the birth of Christ and what they mean to me. I'm also taking a look at Jesus the babe, the boy, and the man. I also feel I'm going to be getting more familiar with the atonement and it's meaning as well. Though I'm not encouraging presents or if one has to be given, I'm not encouraging presents that don't direct my thoughts towards Christ, I will be giving gifts, but only to a select few, and those I have thoughtfully chosen. It's not because I don't love the rest of you or them or whatever, but it's just because that's something I feel I need to do.

Another thing that I'm going to try to do to not only strenghten the spirit in my home and my life, but also to help prepair me for my mission (more on that later), is this: I'm going to find one thing to do of service a day outside of myself. What this means to me is finding something, it doesn't have to be big, but it can be, and doing it for someone else. I'm going to clean my room for myself, but maybe I'll do the dishes before my mom asks me to, just cause. Or maybe I'll opt to stay home with mor-far so my mom doesn't have anxiety, and actually be there with him. Get him lunch and his medicine. Take Jen's kids on a field trip so she can rest. Or maybe I'll find something to do for a total stranger. Just something based outside of me. Not for me, but by me for someone else. After all, Christ did that with his whole life. He served and never complained. He did those things that no one else would want to. He washed his diciples' feet. He healed the sick. He made the blind see. He mourned with those who mourned. Comforted those who stood in need of comfort. He was the perfect example, and I feel that this season I need to follow that example.

So there you have the shell of it. I still haven't really started. I need to get going on that, but for now, I'm tired, and depressed. I know that isn't a good excuse, and doing the things which I have just described will help with both ailments, but right now... I just want to be tired and depressed. Tomorrow will be a better day. I'll start tomorrow.

Monday, November 27, 2006

0 Comments: