I've been pondering some things associated with my christmas project.
When I started out on this project it was all about how comercialism is taking over the world as far as christmas goes, which I still believe to be true, BUT what I didn't realize is that in believing in the things that promote the comercialism (presents, santa, etc.) we are really believing in the reason for Christmas. I got a beautiful book from my dad entitled I Believe in Santa Claus by Diane G. Adamson in which she explains that if you believe in Santa Claus then you really believe in the Savior because that is what Santa Claus represents. The red and white, the night time visit, the presents, everything points to Christ if you know where to look for it. This is a children's book, but it is beautifully written, and will become a Christmas tradition for me, just because of the things that it teaches.
That's all the thought for today. I'm tired and have things to get done.
Lily Hits the Double Digits
8 years ago






0 Comments:
Post a Comment