Happy Forth Of July!!

I've just started this new class for the block. It fills my political science requirement, and is actually really interesting. It's an American Heritage class. This last week we've been learning about the revolutionary war. It's really quite amazing what all those men and women did and suffered through so our country could have its independence from Britain. It really makes me grateful for the freedoms and liberties that we have and enjoy so fully. Our freedom was most definitely not free.

So to all those men and women who sacrificed their homes, food, clothing, and even their lives so we could be an independent nation, I salute you.

And to those men and women who still sacrifice their homes, food, clothing, families, and their lives so we can continue to be an independent nation, I salute you.

I hope that this Fourth of July we take just a minute to think about all that these normal, ordinary people have done so we can have all the things we enjoy, and maybe even have a moment of silence to thank them, pray for them, and commend them for their actions.

You can't spell American without I Can.

I hope everyone has a safe, happy, and wonderful holiday!

Friday, July 03, 2009

0 Comments: