As many of you who read my blog (are you still out there?) may have noticed...it's been about a year since my last foray into the blogging world. Crazy right?! Has it been a utterly boring year since last May? Um...totally no. Have I even thought about blogging it? Once or twice. Was I too busy enjoying and living my life to blog it? Absolutely. Sorry about that. Here's a quick recap of our lives since last May:
February-June: Helping plan, preparing for, and executing a wedding for our dear friends. This wedding was held in my backyard so there was a lot of work involved for us. It was pretty fun though. I also got a new job about a week before the wedding. So...that was a little bit stressful. Grateful for a job though! My little Science class ended at the end of May as well. I was very sad to be done with this experience that I learned so much from. On the last day of class my students and I played games, talked, and ate doughnuts. There were many hugs, and even a few tears, mine included. I think of those children and my experience often and with happiness
July-August: Not a whole lot happened. We enjoyed our friends and family. We loved the family reunion. Celebrated 3 years of happily blissful marriage
Septempter: INSURANCE! After three years without, this was a great day. I was promoted at work from Chats to Phones. I later got moved back to chats, not because I wasn't awesome on phones, but just...cause I guess. I didn't get moved until End of December, Beginning of January. TR and I also took a FANTASTIC week long vacation to Seattle. It was a great time and one of the only vacations we have taken where I didn't get deathly ill. Definitely a trip we will be repeating.
October: St. George with Friends, 25th Birthdays (best by far). Mr. Charles Darcy Esq. of Pemberly (Our Welsh Corgi) Joins our family. We found him looking pathetic at the pound and I just had to have him.
November: 25th Birthdays again, Biggest and best Pie Breakfast yet. So much to be thankful for. TR and I both got to go to the doctor for the first time in our marriage. It was kind of a wake up call for both of us, but so grateful to be able to go to the doctor.
December: Christmas in Las Vegas. Can it get better? It was like spring! In December! All the Reusch's made their way to Las Vegas for Christmas and we got a big family picture taken. It was a fun trip but much too short for my taste.
January: New years! Huzzah! We rang the new year in with the Tanners and their friends and family. It was as fun party and everyone had a great time. Life goes on, work and play as usual.
February: Disaster strikes! Well...more like kidney stones. TR passed a kidney stone at home and the pain was not going away. At my insistence, we take a trip to the insta-care near our house. The lady at the insta-care told us to go to the emergency room. I was standing in line to get us checked in and the receptionist leaned over and said "You're with the man who looks like death? Lets get you checked in." We were admitted not 30 minutes later and 4 hours after that, we were given a strainer, two prescriptions, and instructions to take it easy. Johnny and Sam came to give TR a blessing and at 2 in the morning, at the request of my sobbing husband I went to Walgreens 24-hour pharmacy to get his prescriptions filled. When your husband is 6' 3" 300+ pounds laying in bed, sobbing, you do whatever you can to make him feel better. I will forever and always be grateful to Walgreens and their 24-hour pharmacy. After a week of peeing rocks and feeling Dizzy, TR is back on his feet and back to work. It was a hard week for him. He did not enjoy his time at home, alone while I went to work. It was a hard week for me too. I was run down and utterly exhausted, but glad my darling was okay.
March: Um....working. Working working working.
April: TR applied for school. He is taking his pre-requisites for the Culinary Arts program at UVU this summer, and because he's Serv Save works in the industry he gets bumped to the top of the waiting list. At the end of April we found out our family is expanding! Little baby (or Babies and TR keeps reminding me, and I continue to freak out about) will be joining us in December and we couldn't be more excited!
May: Just started but there is lots of potential! Andrea and I are going to Sunset Boulevard up at Pioneer Theater next week, TR starts school on Monday, Scholastic Book Sale, It's getting warmer, and we get to hear our little Peanut's heartbeat in three weeks! The opening of summer, and it's turning out to be a very packed, and fun-filled summer indeed!
And that's where we are! I'll get back into blogging again, I promise. Lots is happening, and I'm enjoying every moment of my totally awesome life.
Lily Hits the Double Digits
8 years ago






2 Comments:
Wow Thanks for the update!! Congrats on the baby (or babies). I hope all goes well for TR's schooling. It is a great program.
Hooray, you're blogging! Now I can stalk you even more! (Just kidding, I'm totally not creepy.) Come to Arizona someday!
Post a Comment