This last weekend Andrea, Sam, TR, and I went up to Salt Lake on Thursday and Friday evening to participate in the Tastemakers event. 19 restaurants from Salt Lake participated this year, and each had a sampling of the kind of food they provided. We had a great time, and by the end we were all stuffed! I tried some things I hadn't tried before and went way outside my comfort zone. Most of the things I tried I liked, some not so much. On Thursday we went to the pavillion. This was 10 booths set up for 10 different restaurants in the area. The chef from the Coffee Shop in the Little America had a FABULOUS turkey sandwich, and apparently really liked TR. He kept giving us samples over and over again even though we were only supposed to get one because TR "Looked like he hadn't had enough".
After the pavillion, I was stuffed to bursting, but everyone else wanted a dessert type, so we went and got waffles and frites at our favorite Belgian waffles place.
The day was lovely, not too hot, not too cold, and it only started sprinkling a little bit when we were getting ready to head home.
Friday night Molly got to stay home with Grammy while we went up to the street walk portion, almost like a real date. This was the real shining glory of the event. 9 restaurants that you got to go sit in and soak in the feel of the place while sampling their food. Sad to say we didn't make it to all 9, but we started late and went down to the wire. It was great to see so many different atmospheres and try so many different things. It was a really fun and kind of an interesting way to see the eats that Salt Lake has to offer.









0 Comments:
Post a Comment