Lady luck must LOVE ME!!
Here's the story. My mom and I were going to go meet Alan's family in Salt Lake to see the lights on temple square.
Not minutes before we were heading out the door to get in the car to go up to temple square, my very very good friend (I'd say he's one of my best friends) Steve, who lives in Grand Junction Colorado, sends me a text that says "Guess what! I'm in Salt Lake!" So I'm like "Are you kidding me?! I'm on my way up to Salt Lake right now!" and he tells me that his family is going to see the lights on temple square, which is exactly what my family was going up to temple square to do! So he says "No way!! Do you think your family will let us steal you away for a little bit?" You have to understand...I LOVE his family. They're so awesome. So I say "They better, because I'm going to be stolen either way." It was so wonderful!! Luck was on my side.
So, I go to temple square and hang out with my mom and Alan's family for a little while. It was POURING rain, so we didn't do much. Then when we go to the visitors center, Steve calls me and says he's going to come and get me. We agree to meet at "the stairs." The only real stairs in the building are at the very front doors, and so I was waiting there. Then he calls me (thank heaven for Cell Phones) and says he can't find me. He went down the escalator! It was crazy. Anyway, we found each other and it was pure bliss for Rachel. I love this kid.
Then we left the visitors center and walked in the rain to go and meet his family. I didn't realize that he thought he was going to meet my family. It was crazy. He did eventually, but I'll get to that part in a minute. We go and meet his family for about three minutes, and apparently they didn't think I was going to come back with him because they were all excited to see me and gave me hugs and all that fun stuff. It was awesome. Oh, and I don't have to send Steve pictures of my colored hair because he got to see it in person. That was neat.
Anyway, his family wanted to go to a bookstore in the mall across the street and Steve didn't want to go with, so we ended up walking back through temple square and back to meet my family. It was fun. It was really nice to just talk to him and have him care about me. I told him about my horrible Christmas and he was more than sympathetic. I loved it. I love him. Then we met my family and my mom was really the only one that came over to meet him, which I expected. Well, after the visitor's center we were going to walk around and see the lights and Steve was going to come with us, but everyone decided it would be too hard on the kids so they all left. Kinda bummed about that because that was more time I could have spent with him, but oh well. Steve, my mom, and I all stood outside in the rain talking and laughing and just having a jolly ol' time for about 15 minutes or so after everyone else left. It was nice, just the three of us. I loved seeing him again. Hopefully I'll be seeing more of him now that his sister is moving to Utah soon. I'm WAY excited for that.
Anyway, it was really good to see him, and his family that I love so much. It was just what I needed. It's moments like today that show me that someone upstairs really really loves me. I love Steve's hugs, and I love how he really listens to me and really cares about me. He's so great.
My mom took a picture of us because Andrea told me that I needed one that showed his face, since the one on my phone doesn't.
Don't we make a cute couple? He doesn't ususally look like that. He's got the cutest smile, but he doesn't like it, so he hardly ever smiles. I love it though...
Shout out goes to Steve for letting me know he was in Salt Lake, and for really, truly, and honestly wanting to see me enough to walk in the rain three different times. Shout out also goes to Lady Luck for loving me enough to give me the chance to see him.
Lily Hits the Double Digits
8 years ago






0 Comments:
Post a Comment