Guess What Y'all!! I got my ring!! YAY for me!! And it has a cute story to go along with it.
So at about 5:30 TR came and picked me up from my house to go out to dinner. He looked all cute, and I looked all cute, so we were good. After driving up to American Fork to eat at Ottavios (We had this "couples special" coupon...I recommend it. It was very good) we sat and ate and talked and laughed about how we couldn't find the way into the parking lot and so on so forth. It was really a lot of fun.
After dinner he drove me up to the Timponogos temple grounds and we just looked at the temple. He kept saying how beautiful of a building it was and asked me if I wanted to go there with him someday. Then he said "You realize going in there with me means...ETERNITY right? Are you sure you can handle me that long?" I told him that I was looking forward to it. Then he said "It also means that we make a covenant with God to alway love and honor him. Are you willing to do that with me too?" Then I said I was going to do that anyway, he was just an added bonus. It was so great. I felt the spirit so strong when we were there. Of course we were on the temple grounds, but still. I've been to the temple before and not felt the spirit so strong. That's my own fault, but still.
Then he took me up this random canyon in Orem to this random parking lot where we DIDN'T make out, I would like to point that out right now. Anyway- this parking lot was completely empty except for us and it overlooked all of Orem and it was absolutely beautiful. If you looked to the south you could see the Provo Temple, and if you looked to the north you could see the Timponogos Temple. It was amazing! TR plugged his iTrip in, and played 100 Years by Five for Fighting, and we danced, just the two of us. Then we danced to Hanging By A Moment by Lifehouse and he said that sometimes he thinks "I'm only21! What am I doing?!" and then he remembers how he felt when I told him that I loved him and he told me he wanted to marry me, and how he felt the spirit so strongly that night, and how he felt when he sat in the Celestral room at the temple when he asked if I was the right one, and then he read the 138th section of the Doctrine and Covenants which talks about marriage and how he felt. Then he said sometimes he wonders if it's right and in the Doctrine and Covenants it says something along the lines of when you have a witness from God what more do you need? "And that's when I realized that I wanted you to be my wife; and that's what brings us here, right now." Down on one knee, pop open the ring box "Rachel, Will you marry me?" I couldn't even say anything, I just nodded, and finally got a squeaky "yes" out (I'm bawling at this point, even though I promised myself I wouldn't). He stood up, gave me a kiss and picked me up, twirled me around (just like in the movies ^_^) and kissed me again. Then he put me down, took my hand, and put my ring on my finger. It was the most amazing experience of my life.
And that's my story. He asked me later if it was everything I dreamed of in a proposal. It was everything and more. Completely. Then he said sorry it wasn't like in Disney world or in front of billions of people. I told him that it couldn't have been more perfect even if he tried. It was so much more special because it WASN'T at Disney world or in front of a billion people. It was just between the two of us and God and that's all that matters. It was completely private, and special to me. I'll never forget it. Never ever ever ever.
Shout out goes to my boy. He's amazing! I love him so so much.
And- The end.
Lily Hits the Double Digits
8 years ago






0 Comments:
Post a Comment