2 Years Ago Today...

We added to our little family.

On my awesome nephew Jefferey's 14th birthday (HAPPY BIRTHDAY YESTERDAY!!! BTW) we were a family of three, TR, myself, and Mimi. On the 21st of December, 2007, TR and I got a puppy! It took a lot of convincing on my part to get TR to let me get him a puppy, but after showing him pictures from the KSL add of the puppies that I wanted to look at, he agreed.


On a cold winters day, after school and work, TR and I hopped in the car and drove out to Toole. We first looked at all of Linus' three sisters, because I thought I wanted a girl puppy, since Mimi was a girl. TR asked to see the one and only boy puppy from the litter, and after playing with him for a little bit, TR declared that this was the puppy for him. We paid the nice lady, bundled up, and got in the car.


On the way home, we discussed names for our new family member. Bowser, Moses, Dwight D. Eisenhower (Ike for short of course), and other silly names were thrown about. Over the course of the next few days, TR tried to find the name that fit our little bud best. One night, to get more into the Christmas spirit, we watched "A Charlie Brown Christmas". We listened to Linus recite part of the Christmas story. Touched by the spirit and with tears in our eyes, we said our prayers, thanking the Lord for his sacrifice for us.


The next morning, while we were getting breakfast, TR asked me what the "Jesus kid"'s name was. When I told him it was Linus, he told me that was what he wanted to name our puppy. It's been the perfect name for him too. Just like Linus on Charlie Brown, our Linus can't sleep without some kind of blanket. When sleeping in the living room or just laying about with us, he would pull a blanket down from wherever he could find one. Even if he only got a small corner on the floor before laying on it, that was enough. He's so sweet and generous with his love. He almost has a naivety to him too.


We're just so glad he's part of our family. Our lives would be so different without him. He's such a goof, but we love him so very much. 2 years doesn't seem like a long time, but considering the happiness that he's given us in the last two years, it almost seems like we've had him a lifetime. I look forward to many more happy years with out greatest little buddy. We love you bud!

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

0 Comments: