
For those that don't know: I'm a real teacher now! Well, sort of. I have my own classes, I get to make the lesson plans, and I get to be the primary teacher for 4th and 2nd grade science at Meridian! This is a fantastic opportunity that almost fell right in my lap. I was going to help my good friend Eileen when she taught the class. A few months ago, however, she said that she was looking to get a new position at the school, and wanted me to come teach the science class under her tutelage. So basically it's an internship.
So far I'm enjoying it. It's made me realize how much there is to teaching, and how far I still have to go. I'm improving though, and I have high hopes. I have lots of fun ideas for experiments and other things to do in class. Of course some of it has to be the boring stuff like vocabulary, but I think we'll be having lots of fun in the class.
Tomorrow we're making animal puppets to learn about the different classes of vertebrates for 2nd grade, and 4th grade gets to play with volume. It's going to be lots of fun! I'm really excited.






1 Comment:
I'm so excited for you. Teaching is tiring but it is also one of the best things you will do. It is so rewarding. Good luck!
Post a Comment