Molly's First Halloween

Halloween is my all time favorite holiday. I'm not sure I could tell you why. Maybe it's the excuse to dress up. Maybe it's the candy. Maybe it's the crisp autumn air. Maybe it's because it's so close to my birthday. Maybe it's a combination of those things. Either way, I love it. This year was especially exciting. I had my own kid to take Trick-or-Treating! She did stay in the stroller most of the time, however.

I made some fun little decorations for my desk at work. Thank you Pintrest!

Mason Jars, a little paint, and a little battery powered candle. Boom, cute little desk decorations.


 I've made sucker ghosts for as long as I can remember. Easy peasy, and so fun!


Ghost lights! So easy! These were inspired by Thanksgiving point. Little tiny dixie cups with googly eyes glued on and pushed into a string of twinkle lights.


This Halloween marked my first major sewing project for Molly. There was a lot of measuring, unpicking, restitching, sewing, long nights, unpicking, resewing, improvising, unpicking...get the idea? In the end I think it turned out pretty cute though!


I love her face in this picture. She tried so hard to stay looking at the flash

She did a pretty good job at keeping that hood on!

I even made her a little trick or treat bag out of the left over material.
The baby needed a costume too! Last year Molly got to be the skeleton inside Mommy's tummy, so the new baby needed a costume too. Since we didn't know what flavor our baby is going to be, I made a unisex shirt for my work party this time. 
Molly was so tired by the time she came to my work party. Cute as ever though!

 After my work party, and a short nap, we went to Savannah's birthday party! She's born so close to Halloween, that we have a party for her every year where we get to eat good food (Yummy soups!) and go trick-or-treating.


Still oh so tired
The evening was warm this year, and we had a great time walking around Sarah's neighborhood with friends and family, and running into people we knew from Sarah's ward. Molly stayed in the stroller most of the time, since she can't walk yet and didn't have a prayer of keeping up with the kids. Allie was kind enough to take her trick-or-treat bag with her so that Molly didn't get left out of all the candy fun. Holidays are so much more fun when you have kids of your own!

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

0 Comments: