I thought, that since it's been about...two months since TR and I went on our anniversary trip it might finally be time to blog it. A bit behind, don'tcha think?
For our second anniversary, TR and I decided to take a little weekend jaunt down to Las Vegas. We found a really cheap hotel, and even though we were going for a few days, it was nice to get away. I love staying in hotels. I love having someone else make my bed, and clean my room and I especially love how they fold the toilet paper so that it comes to a point. I'm weird, but I'm comfortable with that fact.On our way down there, TR and I were pleasantly surprised to pass at test zone where the speed limit was raised from 75 to 80. That was kinda fun. It was sort of interesting to guess how fast the other travelers were going based on our speed. Made the time pass quickly, which, when you're with your best friend, time doesn't ever quite go slow enough.
TR took a little nap on the way over, since we had stayed up long into the night (and past our bed time) cleaning the house and getting everything ready to go in the morning. He was entitled to a nap. I love this picture.I think Steve was ready for some R&R and wanted to soak up that beautiful sunshine. He's missed his Vitamin D lately. He had to bring his umbrella so as not to burn his nose of course.
This is for our Arizona family. I felt a little bit closer to you, but I didn't want to make Jen sad (like last time I called her from the state line) so instead of calling, I just took a picture.
While we were down in Vegas, TR and I decided to have lunch at In and Out Burger. I'm a cheap date. And we had to take some pictures for Grandaddy of course!
After that we headed down to the Hoover Dam. They're building a HUGE bridge over the water way so that traffic doesn't have to go over the dam. It'll be faster and safer. Last time we were down here they hadn't even finished the supports on the side of the mountain! Look at it now!Can you imagine climbing up all those ladders when someone needed you at the top? I'll be they take their lunch breaks right up there. We saw guys going up and down there all day long.
I absolutely LOVE our flag. I love it. I have a greater appreciation for it too since taking my American Heritage class. I think it's so cool that when they're building something as monumental and time consuming and dangerous as this bridge, they take the time, however short or long (think of the stairs!) it may be to put an American flag on top. Now I think that's pretty cool.
I know that some people say it's impossible, but here I am...two places at once. I just want to point out that I think it's funny how itty bitty my Sasquatch feet look in this picture.
So close, so close, and still so far. Maybe not worlds away, but states away for sure!
I just want to note here...my husband thought I was silly for taking this picture, and I sort of was. I wanted to take a different picture with us holding hands across the state line (say with me, AWWW!), but no one was around at that exact moment in time, so I had to make due with what I had.
And another one for my Arizona family. We thought about you the whole time we were in Arizona. (Tee hee hee) We miss you!!
On our way home Steve and I were soaking up the last of our yummy vacation sun, and a truck passed us with the most GIGANTIC tires I've ever seen. We were trying to figure out what they would go on. By the time the truck was out of sight TR had me with stitches in my sides and tears rolling down my cheeks. I love that man!
At the end of our trip, we have a lot of good memories, a whole lot of laughs, some pretty decent pictures, and two years of bliss behind us with many more to come. Three states, three days, and a beautiful sunset. A spectacular ending to a spectacle of a trip.
Lily Hits the Double Digits
8 years ago






1 Comment:
Sounds like a great vacation. In-n-Out will be opening in a couple weeks in Orem, so we won't have to drive so far or wait so long between visits. Remember, eat the fries first and fast.
Post a Comment