Wow, What a day.

So, let us take a pause from all our adventures....

Oh wait, I haven't blogged any of our adventures yet. Oh darn. Well then, let us take a much needed break from the paused adventures! We sure had one tonight.

10:00 pm: TR calls and tells me that he's coming home.

around 10:50 pm: We prepare to get in the car to get last minute things for our impending trip to St. George tomorrow. While on the way to the car, TR proudly shows off how he got Scaredy the Scarecrow to stay in the ground, but just to make sure, he pushes down on Scaredy's head.


10:55 pm: The bamboo stick that provides Scaredy stability pokes through his head and into TR's hand. This bamboo stick has a pointy tip, and drives it's way about 3/4 of an inch into TR's palm.


11:05 pm: In a panic, as I'm rushing to the store to get gauze and tape, I notice that by some tender mercy Nate and Jessica's light is still on. I call Mom to ask if I should maybe try and call Nate and have him go look at TR's hand. Mom tells me I should, and I do so. Jessica answers the phone, tells me Nate had just gotten into bed, but, again, by a tender mercy, was not asleep yet. He comes over to check out TR's hand.

11:10 pm: I finally get back from the store, and Nate is on the phone with Amy telling her what happened. Amy then passes the phone to Dad, and Nathan repeats the tale with a professional tone which makes it seem more serious to me.

11:30 pm: We pile into Nate's car and head down to Dad's office. Dad was worried that it had cut a tendon and TR would need to have surgery, but after looking at it he determined that it barely missed both of the major tendons that it could have hit. The spike had slipped right past them.

11:45 pm-12:45 am: Cleaning, numbing, and stitching the hole in TR's hand. This part was actually really fascinating to me, and I got to provide emotional support for my fantastic husband.

around 1 am: we arrive back home, stitched, bandaged, and with an antibiotic prescription which I am going to go fill at the Walgreens down the street as soon as I'm done with this entry. Just wanted to type it out while it was still fresh in my mind.



I'm so tired.

But tomorrow is another day! Now TR can compare battle stories and scars and all that with the best of 'em. (Glen, I'm really looking forward to hearing the two of you tell your war stories. I'm sure we'll have many more to come).

I'm really looking forward to our Vacation tomorrow. And #1 priority when we get back: health insurance.

Thursday, October 15, 2009

3 Comments:

BrookLynn Martineau said...

Ewe. I'll bet he's now scared of scarecrows huh?
-Jen

Anonymous said...

It is always drama right before vacation! Glad he's ok!

The Mathews Family said...

Thankfully TR did this after Milo was born because pre-Milo and you would have found us in a Tylenol PM induced coma! In fact... now that Milo is here TR can go ahead and conveniently have an emergency every 3 hours around the clock for the next little while! ;o)

I'm glad it didn't hit a tendon. Nate said it was really gross cool.... blech!
-J