Thankful Day 2

continuing with my theme, today I'm thankful for...

SISTERS!
"There were never such devoted sisters!" I have the greatest sisters in the whole wide world. They're always there to help and encourage me. I love them so much. They're some of my very best friends!

Jennifer: What more can I say than she is the best oldest sister I could ever want? She's hilarious and totally fun to be around. I'm thankful that she knows the most tender ways to keep me in check. I'm glad she didn't "lose her testimony" all those years ago (you know what I'm talking about big sister). I don't know where I would be without her. She's always been there for me when I needed somewhere to run to. She's taught me so much about being a mom, a wife, and an all around better person. I can't begin to fathom how much I've gleaned from my oldest sister. She's taught me so much about the gospel and the things in life that are really important. I'm so thankful for such a good, strong sister that takes care of me, and helps me keep things in perspective.

Sarah:I am so thankful for my silly sister Sarah! She's creative, inspirational, silly, and an absolute joy to be around. Her house is always clean and organized, she does the cutest things for birthday parties, holidays, activities with her kids, etc. She's always the party planner. All of this and with a brand new baby! She's a total inspiration to me. She's one of my very best friends. No matter if I'm being silly or serious, I can talk to Sarah about anything. Gone are the days when we would stay up late on the weekends watching chick flicks and going far beyond the maximum silly quota, but those are some of my most cherished memories from high school (yes, even the times I knocked over the Sears signs). She's taught me so much over the years that are truly valuable lessons in life.


(This is a really old Picture. Sorry!)
Ella: My oldest little sister. She's so sweet and helpful. She's got a lot to learn, but she's also got a lot to teach. Every time I see her, she's always teaching me about compassion, patience, love, trust, and a mirage of other things. I always wanted a little sister and she's a great one to have. She's always doing something or another to help her mom (maybe with a little attitude, but she is 13 after all.), she's taken over my spot as the "bathroom escort" (for which I am very grateful) and she does it with a smile. She takes joy in her every day activities. I'm so grateful for such a fantastic biggest little sister!

Regan: In the short time we've known each other Regan has blessed my life so much. She's so sweet and polite. She's always happy when she's around and she's so adorable. I don't get to see her much, but when I do she always gives me a big smile and a big hug. She's taught me a lot about family, and a lot about love. I'm so grateful for this little girl.

Olivia: My baby baby sister. She's not so much of a baby anymore, but she's still my littlest sister. She's so funny! She makes me realize how much fun life is. She's always happy (unless she's tired, but lets be honest, who's happy when they're tired?) and smiling. She's such a pleasure to be around. She's not loud, she's not rude, she's just pleasant. I'm so thankful for her as my little baby sister!

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

1 Comment:

Unknown said...

Rachel you are the best! you made my day! Thnaks!

OH and for anyone who wonders, the testimony crisis had to do with an 8 year old (me) wondering why God would make her bird's toes fall off...

JEN