
We all know that in just over a week, we'll be stuffing our faces with all the yummiest food ever. I love Thanksgiving. I love the feeling. I love the family. I love the food. I love the smells, the laughter, the memories.
Thanksgiving is a time to remember all we have and to actually look around and be thankful for everything. SO In an effort to be more thankful, over the next few days until Thanksgiving I'm going to post a little bit every day about the thing I'm most thankful for: My family. Sure, I'm thankful for loads of stuff, and I'm sure that will come out in these posts, but none of it would be worth being thankful for if not for my family. If not for my family I wouldn't have the gospel (I'm sure it would find me, but without the foundation laid in my heart, I'm not totally sure I would accept it.), I wouldn't have some of my very best friends. I wouldn't have the life I have today. So Without further ado: Thanksgiving Project 2009 has begun.

I have the greatest husband I could ever have asked for. He works so hard for me. I'm always asking him to do one project or another while I'm at school or doing another project myself. He's always so helpful. I'm in school and attribute most, if not all, my success to him. Sure I do the work and get the grades, but I wouldn't be back in school, working towards a career I know I'll love, if it weren't for my wonderful husband. He works so hard to pay our bills too. I'm so grateful for a responsible, loving husband.
He lets me sleep in when I need it. He takes care of me when I'm sick. He's the absolute best choice for me as an eternal companion. We've had our fair share of trials and hardships already, and I'm sure we have many more to come, but I can't think of anyone I would rather have by my side, holding my hand, and leading me through than my wonderful TR. He keeps me strong, and faithful. He reminds me of what is really important when I can't quite get a grip on reality. He honors his priesthood which is such a blessing in my home. It's such a comfort to know that I can go to him any time, night or day with any problem and he can help me through it. He keeps the Lord at the center of our home. He keeps me on track when sometimes I stray. He's such an example to me. I love him, and he loves me back which is the greatest gift he could ever give me.
Our little Mimi is such a sweetheart. Sure, I can get frustrated with her when she barks all the time, or whines in the middle of the night, but she's such a joy in my life. You may laugh at me or think I'm weird to refer to my dog as a joy, but she really is. She makes me laugh all the time at what a spaz she is, and sometimes you just need a good laugh. She's gotten to be so well behaved lately, and she makes me so happy just by being there.
She's always in the same room as me (unless she's getting in trouble). She's happy to simply curl up and sleep on the floor while I'm watching a movie, doing homework, or working on my latest sewing project. She's always happy when I come home, and she's so energetic it makes me tired just to watch. She's been such a blessing to me in my home while going through some hard times. Both of my dogs have been.

Our little little Linus is the sweetest, most even-tempered dog I've ever met in my life. If there really was such a thing as Lewis Carol's "Galumphing" Linus would have it down pat. He's the perfect companion dog. Even from the time he was a very small puppy (yes, he used to be a very small puppy) he's never had to be on a leash. He never ran off like Mimi did. He's got such a happy personality.
He loves being around people. He loves when the kids hang and play all over him. He is just perfect for our little family. As Aunt Jen put it at this year's family reunion "Sometimes you find an animal that was just supposed to be part of your family." Linus is definitely our little baby. At this stage in our lives and in our marriage we're so thankful to have our puppy "kids" that we can love, spoil, rejoice in, and cherish. 






0 Comments:
Post a Comment